Thursday, April 9, 2009

Farmer Scott's garden adventure

Scott always likes to try his hand at gardening, and I have to admit over the years he's been getting better at it. This year, he tore up what little space we've got in the back yard and has quite the garden going.
We have three kinds of tomatoes, artichokes, beets, lots of lettuce, greens, carrots, peas, bell/jalapeno peppers, and some other things I'm sure I'm forgetting.

At the beginning; I'm going to continue taking pictures of it's progress as it grows:

Photobucket


We ate this one for dinner, it was so good!

Photobucket


And two more took it's place:

Photobucket


Our mixed greens:

Photobucket


Photobucket


I absolutely cannot wait for the tomatoes to start producing. That's always my favorite part of having a garden! I'm anticipating that we'll have a pretty good crop (ha ha, crop, in our tiny yard) of them, so I'm going to try my hand this summer at canning some tomato sauce. Should be interesting to say the least!

No comments: