Sunday, April 5, 2009

A bit late, but Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm finally back into the mood for blogging. I have a back stock of pictures I've been sitting on waiting for me to quit being lazy about it. I figure I'll go in chronological order, so first, Thanksgiving!

I did my usual awesome turkey recipe minus the brine this year. Well, is you want to split hairs about it, it's Alton Brown's recipe, but I certainly take all the credit at the dinner table! I've been doing this recipe for the past five years and just love it every time. It's so much more flavorful that plain old butter basted turkey.

Photobucket


The supporting actors appearing at the table:

Orange and spice simmered carrots

Photobucket


Pan roasted Brussels sprouts with Parmesan and bacon

Photobucket


There was also garlic mashed potatoes. And yes, there is canned cranberry sauce on that plate. What can I say, it's my favorite!

Photobucket


And finally, the moment of the day that made all that cooking worth while...catching my kid sneaking into the fridge at night for some turkey.

Photobucket

No comments: