Sunday, September 14, 2008

Two restaurants: Antoine's and White Horses

We went to two restaurants in San Clemente this week, so I thought I'd write up my experiences with them, plus share the couple of pics I managed to be sneaky and take.

Antoine's is one of my favorite places to eat. It's on the main road in San Clemente, and is always full of locals. They have amazing breakfasts and lunches, and the best French onion soup I've ever had. The staff is always super nice, and it's fun to sit outside to eat and people watch on sunny days.

Yummy soup!
Photobucket


Antoine's is located at 218 S El Camino Real, San Clemente, CA 92672.

Scott and I just celebrated our sixth wedding anniversary, and went out to one of the more upscale places in SC for dinner. We went to White Horses, which is right across from the pier. It's a cute little place with really nice ambiance and a gorgeous ocean view, and a lovely staff as well. The menu changes every few months as does the local art on the walls. It was good, but I was a little underwhelmed especially considering the price. The food was good, don't get me wrong; it just seemed a little been there done that for the price. Trios of food, circular molds...a little played. Like I said, it wasn't bad by any means, but I don't think we'll head back any time soon.

My dinner from there, a trio of meats (lamb, venison and beef) and mashed potatoes:
Photobucket


Sorry the pic is dark, but it was dimly lit and I didn't want to use my flash. White Horses is at 610 Avenida Victoria, San Clemente, CA 92672.

No comments: