Friday, September 5, 2008

Pop Up Pancakes

I was searching the interwebs for easy dinner ideas last week (now that school and soccer have started, cooking has become extra hard considering I'm still working swing shift), and I happened upon Makes and Takes.

I loved the idea of pancakes shaped to hold goodies, so we tried them last night and they were a big hit! We filled them with strawberries, blackberries, and whipped cream. Aiden just loved them.

Photobucket


Here is the recipe pulled off her site; I halved it since it was just for Aiden and me.

* 1 cup milk
* 1 cup flour
* 6 eggs
* 1/4 cup melted butter
* dash salt
* Preheat oven at 400*

I just filled a slightly greased muffin tin to about 2/3 of the way full per spot and popped them in the oven for 15 minutes. Also, I followed Marie's advice of mixing the batter in the blender, and everything came out perfectly. Next time, I am going to try to find a way to bake a thin slice of ham and swiss cheese and top with some boisenberry jam for a type of Monte Cristo.

Photobucket


Again, many props to Marie from Makes and Takes for this great recipe!

No comments: